Vacancy - Supplier Quality Engineer - Princess Yachts
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Reports to: Supply Quality Manager
- Operating Headcount – 0
- Assit areas of the business that need project support within the supply chain
- Engage with cross functional training both within and outside the department
- Support suppliers with development of quality and process improvement techniques
- Updating of supplier ratings on a regular basis
Main Purpose of Role
To engage with external suppliers to improve quality, delivery, and to reduce costs through the employment of industry standard management tools
Responsibilities / Tasks
- Identify and manage APQP activities for appropriate new product
- Carry out both internal and external quality audits.
- Plan and conduct departmental 6S audits
- Identify and manage cost recovery activities resulting from supplier quality failures
- Assist with supplier quality issue management
- Assist with facilities quality management
- Adherence to project schedules and six sigma projects
- Manage CAR’s and 8D’s tasked to department
- Support improvement projects including Six Sigma initiatives
- Act as an Ambassador for Princess Yachts, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to Company’s values, to promote Princess as a market leader
- Improve quality of supplied parts to reduce warranty and production costs
- Cost saving through APQP and process improvements
- Cost through quality failure recovery value
- Interface with all areas of the business including external and internal suppliers, assembly, fitout, development and engineering
- Person Specification
- Experienced in ISO9000 procedures
- Experienced in APQP, 8D, 6S, PPAP, 6 Sigma and similar tools
- Trained internal and external auditor
- Ability to communicate with management at the highest level & data driven
- Computer literate in prime Microsoft applications
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on this link to forward a completed Application Pack with a covering letter.
To allow us to create a bespoke experience for you, please select your preferences from the menu.
Your choices will be saved for any subsequent visits to our website.
We can see you are in The United States of America.