Vacancy - Manufacturing Systems Graduate (1) - Princess Yachts
Job Title: Manufacturing Systems Graduate
Reports to: Director of Production Planning
Hours of Work: Mon – Thurs 7.30am – 4.30pm, Fri – 7.30am – 12.30pm
Main Purpose of Role
Provide resource support to manufacturing operations for the development and implementation of processes to support and enable Cost, Quality and Delivery improvement.
Responsibilities / Tasks
- To support manufacturing leadership in optimising product flow and work standardisation
- Provide empirical analysis and KPI’s to aid and support decision making rational
- Ensure improvement initiatives are monitored and progressing to plan
- Project administration & management across a wide variety and size of initiatives including management of new process implementation
- Maintain improvement plans and trackers and ensure a common standard is developed and applied across departmental and cross functional teams
- Liaise with and work across departmental functions to ensure common understanding of project objectives and timescales
- Work with manufacturing teams to generate, develop and implement manufacturing process and systems improvements
- Liaise with designers, development and supply departments to constructively challenge paradigms and generate optimal performance
- Conduct cost v benefit justification to ensure effort generates expected economical salience
- Provide support on the effective use of resources, e.g. raw materials, equipment and staff
- Identifying and highlighting training needs as systems and processes change dictate
- Meeting with managers to discuss methods of improving the productivity of existing systems and step change initiatives
- Establishing and implementing a quality culture within the manufacturing environment
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your role.
Production Management, Development, Quality and Engineering, Logistics and IT
- Technical acumen with high degree of logical intelligence
- Fast learner with high degree of self motivation and initiative to learn and advance vocational knowledge
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work to tight project deadlines
- Exceptional command of spreadsheet based solutions and possesses a broad Software acumen. Familiarity with MRP / ERP systems would be favourable
- Exceptional analytical ability with practical and logical approach to problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills with confidence to convey message aligned to audience
- Natural Teamworking, resourcefulness and Self-motivation with ability to motivate others
- Ability to work well under pressure and take on new challenges
- The determination to overcome problems
- Organisation and time management skills
- Good health and safety common sense
- HR policies and procedures
- Employment legislation
- MSOffice advanced user
- HR computer systems
- Process Management
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Degree in a practical subject i.e. Manufacturing Engineer
- Some experience of working within a manufacturing environment would desirable but not essential
- Career minded individual looking to develop through fast track experience in manufacturing environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on this link to forward a completed application pack with a covering letter.
To allow us to create a bespoke experience for you, please select your preferences from the menu.
Your choices will be saved for any subsequent visits to our website.
We can see you are in The United States of America.