Vacancy - Manufacturing Systems Engineer - Princess Yachts
Job Title: Manufacturing Systems Engineer
Reports to: Operations Manager
Hours of Work: 39hrs per week, Mon – Thurs 7.30am – 4.30pm, Fri 7.30am – 12.30pm
Main Purpose of Role
Provide resource support to manufacturing operations for the development and implementation of processes to support and enable Cost, Quality and Delivery improvement.
Responsibilities / Tasks
- To support manufacturing leadership in optimising product flow and work standardisation
- Provide empirical analysis and KPI’s to aid and support decision making rational
- Ensure improvement initiatives are monitored and progressing to plan
- Project administration & management across a wide variety and size of initiatives including management of new process implementation
- Maintain improvement plans and trackers and ensure a common standard is developed and applied across departmental and cross functional teams
- Liaise with and work across departmental functions to ensure common understanding of project objectives and timescales
- Work with manufacturing teams to generate, develop and implement manufacturing process and systems improvements
- Liaise with designers, development and supply departments to constructively challenge paradigms and generate optimal performance
- Conduct cost v benefit justification to ensure effort generates expected economical business case
- Provide support on the effective use of resources, e.g. raw materials, equipment and staff
- Identifying and highlighting training needs as systems and processes change dictate
- Meeting with managers to discuss methods of improving the productivity of existing systems and step change initiatives
- Establishing and implementing a continuous improvement & quality culture within the manufacturing environment
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your role.
Production Management, Development, Quality and Engineering, Logistics and IT
- Technical acumen with high degree of logical intelligence
- Fast learner with high degree of self motivation and initiative to learn and advance vocational knowledge
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work to tight project deadlines
- Exceptional command of spreadsheet based solutions and possesses a broad Software acumen. Familiarity with MRP / ERP systems would be favourable
- Exceptional analytical ability with practical and logical approach to problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills with confidence to convey message aligned to audience
- Natural Team working, resourcefulness and Self-motivation with ability to motivate others
- Ability to work well under pressure and take on new challenges
- The determination to overcome problems
- Organisation and time management skills
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices
Qualifications and Experience Levels
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTEC Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications
- Able to demonstrate experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Career minded individual looking to develop through fast track experience in manufacturing environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on this link to forward a CV and covering letter to our recruitment team with “Manufacturing Systems Engineer” listed as the subject heading.
To allow us to create a bespoke experience for you, please select your preferences from the menu.
Your choices will be saved for any subsequent visits to our website.
We can see you are in The United States of America.